Pandora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pandora

Welcome in Pandora

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Destiny of a Broken Man

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tulio

Tulio

The Destiny of a Broken Man Empty
PostSubject: The Destiny of a Broken Man   The Destiny of a Broken Man EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 4:52 am

Tulio had been by the falls longer than he could remember. He had probably spent the entire day there, but that was of no concern to him. There was nothing that lured him back to the tree. Nothing that made him want to return.
He had been staring at the waterfall, reflecting the tears that was running down his own cheeks at the memories of what had happened not too far in the distant past. He could not make himself angry at her, or anyone else. This was no one's fault but his own. He should have known better than to let himself fall in love. He had always known better. He had seen countless couples end in nothing more than pure misery, and he knew from the start it would also be his inevitable destiny if he continued down the dangerous path of love. And yet he had taken his chance, and he stood there now as a broken man.
The pain was too much for him to bear, and in a desperate attempt to ease his heavy chest, he picked up a stone from the ground near him and threw it with all his force into the thundering waterfall. He threw more rocks, heavier and heavier until he could no longer reach the waterfall, but rather let them fall to the bottom of the water not far ahead of him, with every throw a new, loud groan escaped him.
None of the stones helped his aching pain, but they wore him out enough to stop crying. It did not help him a bit, as stopping the tears did nothing to stop the hole inside of him. Still he assumed it was a small comfort.
Back to top Go down
JohnSmith

JohnSmith

PostSubject: Re: The Destiny of a Broken Man   The Destiny of a Broken Man EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:23 am

John instantly knew where to search, the place both he and Tulio had spent time alone with Briar. The romantic and peaceful place, their place. Every step he took towards the falls was another towards losing Briar as his, it took more strength than his powers provided him with to keep moving, closer and closer. His eyes felt watery but he knew it was for the best. Briar and Tulio needed to break up of their own accord, they needed to decide what was best for them, they did not need the interferance of a goddess.

Tulio soon appeared within John's vision, a blurred figure stood by the falls. Drawing nearer, he coughed politely to get his attention, trying to save him his pride by pretending he had not noticed his tears. "Tulio?" His voice came out as a whisper which he was sure went unheared over the falls, taking a deep breath, he repeated the name more clearly. "Tulio."
Back to top Go down
Tulio

Tulio

PostSubject: Re: The Destiny of a Broken Man   The Destiny of a Broken Man EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:29 am

He whipped his head around to see a familiar figure standing not too far away. John was the last person Tulio would want to see now, remembering the way he had held his beautiful princess. He had always known he held a special place in his heart for Rose, and the knowing he would soon be standing in the place Tulio had called his own for so long stung deeply.
And yet, he could not make himself mad at the man. He had full understanding for his desires, which man in his right mind would not fall at the feet of Rose? He hadn't himself, and so how could he blame a man for doing the same?
"John," he said back acknowledging him, but his voice gave away he was in no mood to talk.
Back to top Go down
JohnSmith

JohnSmith

PostSubject: Re: The Destiny of a Broken Man   The Destiny of a Broken Man EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:23 am

"Rose still wants you Tulio," John said, speaking slowly but clearly, he wanted him to understand before he responded so he gestured for Tulio to let him finish, taking a deep breath before continuing. It was hard. So hard to give up the only chance he had of being with Rose. "Eris... she threatened Rose, she told her she would kill you if Briar did not break up with you, Rose had no choice," John sighed after explaining the major part of the story. "She was heartbroken, she wanted you so badly Tulio, she wanted to give you another chance, she wanted to be with you but she couldn't without it resulting in your death, do you see?" John tried to control his emotions, this wasn't about him, this was about Rose's happiness. He would be selfless when it came to her. "Lets just say, after Eris reawoke me from the dead, I have some things I can hold over her and... well, I threatened her to let me talk to you. To see if I could show you that you and Rose really do have a future after all and---" John paused. "Is this making sense?" He sighed, he had been babbling a little to try and control his nerves and wasn't sure he was making complete sense.
Back to top Go down
Tulio

Tulio

PostSubject: Re: The Destiny of a Broken Man   The Destiny of a Broken Man EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 12:03 pm

The words John was telling him was too incredible to believe, and yet he found himself clinging to the words with a last, desperate hope, even with the knowledge he would never act on this as his feet felt weak beneath him.
"Why would you tell me this?" he asked what seemed like an eternity of processing what he had been told.
John could have been there for Rose, could have comforted her, been a shoulder to cry on. He could have been her second love, and yet he was taking the risk of Tulio claiming her back. He did not even understand why, not being sure if he would do the same in John's position.
Back to top Go down
JohnSmith

JohnSmith

PostSubject: Re: The Destiny of a Broken Man   The Destiny of a Broken Man EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 12:06 pm

"Rose," John replied quickly, she was the only reason for him doing anything since he was reawoken. "She is broken without you, she needs you. She's only happy when you are the cause of her happiness and that sort of happiness is worth the occassional pain love can cause you, take her back Tulio, go to her, she's at the Temple. Please?" John resorted to trying to reason with him, desperately needing for him to see her because he could for not much longer muster the strength to try reignite their relationship.
Back to top Go down
Tulio

Tulio

PostSubject: Re: The Destiny of a Broken Man   The Destiny of a Broken Man EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 12:25 pm

His feet gave away and he needed to lean against a tree for support not to fall to the ground.
He desperatly shot a glance towards the temple before he looked back to John. He frowned confused as to why he was telling him this but he couldn't care less in that instead, and all he did was nod to him and mouth a simple "thank you" before he ran off towards the temple. His legs felt numb, and threatened to give in any second, and yet he forced himself to keep going, not being satisfied until he stood by the temple, not stopping at all until he was there.
Back to top Go down
JohnSmith

JohnSmith

PostSubject: Re: The Destiny of a Broken Man   The Destiny of a Broken Man EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 12:36 pm

As Tulio left, John's stomach wrenched as he collapsed to the ground in agony. That had hurt more than anything in this life but he had done it for Rose. It was cold and starting to rain but he didn't care, it only hid the water coming from his eyes. He removed his clothing, running to the waters edge and diving below the surface. The cold and fresh water stung his feezing body but his new strength helped him withstand it. Resurfacing, he stood below the falls, crying and shaking. The moon was full tonight, but there was no Briar Rose to guide him.
Back to top Go down
Eris
Admin
Eris

PostSubject: Re: The Destiny of a Broken Man   The Destiny of a Broken Man EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:40 pm

Eris wasn't pleased as John had convinced Tulio, but the sight of John breaking down reminded her of a man she had known long ago. Almost the same scene it seemed. Eris appeared, ''Well, Wel,l Well. You got what you wanted.'' She laughed.
''But no you have played the wrog card. You played away your own happiness. '' She foated towards John. Laying er hand on his shoulder. ''Now is this what you really desired to do?'' She whispered in his ear.
Back to top Go down
https://pandora.canadian-forum.com
JohnSmith

JohnSmith

PostSubject: Re: The Destiny of a Broken Man   The Destiny of a Broken Man EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 1:39 am

John's eyes slid open to peer through the spray of water from the falls, noticing Eris, he was surprised. Her laughter made him realise she had come to rub salt in his open wounds. Oh Rose... Her loveliness and beauty would forever be followed by Eris' thorns.
"Yes... this is what I desired, I desired Rose to make her own choices and be happy... even if that is at the expense of my own," His voice was broken, a mere murmur above the ricochet of the falls. His body was now an empty shell, without Rose to fill his life with her moonlight, he was damned to a life alone. His heart continuously wrenching and his stomach turning and his head aching for her presence.
Back to top Go down
Eris
Admin
Eris

PostSubject: Re: The Destiny of a Broken Man   The Destiny of a Broken Man EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:14 am

Eris smirked. "Oh John..my dear..than if this is what you desired, why are you sad? If Rose is happy why won't you be happy for her than? It is not like she won't want to spent time with you anymore, is it?" She let her arms wrap around John hugging him.
John was so broken. And it was amusing her more than ever.
Back to top Go down
JohnSmith

JohnSmith

PostSubject: Re: The Destiny of a Broken Man   The Destiny of a Broken Man EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:29 am

"What you want to hear?! That I cared about Rose? That I'm upset?!" John wasn't angry, it was hurt that fuelled his words as he met Eris' gaze with hard eyes. "B-because..." John struggled to speak as he looked down at his reflection in the water, his tear creating a pool in his face. Pain caused him to raise his fist and smash it into the water, into the centre of his reflection. "There is only so much p-pain a man can take..."

Closing his eyes, he allowed his body to fall below the water for a few moments, floating beneath the surface, the cold stinging was no compare to the sting of his heart. Gasping for breath, he stood upright once more, his hair dripping wet and his body shaking.

"I love Rose... and thats w-why, why... It's because I love Briar that I can't be selfish with her..." He looked up at the moon, his hands shaking. "I don't deserve her... but Tulio does." A tear slid fast down his cheek. "Go home Eris. I don't know what you want to achieve here."

John looked at the ripple in the water made by his fist... Rose, she had caused similar ripples in the water when he had pulled her in... "How about a midnight dip instead?" ''Well I won't I don't want my dress to become wet. That is not much of a Lady like behavior.'' "I do not mind if in my company you relax your 'lady-like' mannered behaviour and come swim with me, live a little?" ''But no thank you, I am rather relaxed here..'' "Relaxed? In my company? We can't have that now can we?" John winced, the pain was too much... he couldn't, he couldn't .. Oh Rose.

"Take me away Eris... please. Take me away from here. Away from her..." John's eyes were pleading, he could stand it no longer. "I'll do what you want, just don't make me stay here. Take me someplace Rose can't find me... someplace I can't find her..." John broke.
Back to top Go down
Eris
Admin
Eris

PostSubject: Re: The Destiny of a Broken Man   The Destiny of a Broken Man EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 3:03 am

(OOC: make me feel bad for him huh? Why won't you D': -clings to-)

Eris looked at him. "I can make a chamber for you in my temple. Make it unnoticed?" Eris suggested.
Looking at him. He seemed so broken, which was amusing her.
"But what should I tell Rose? That you died? She'll ask about you."
Back to top Go down
JohnSmith

JohnSmith

PostSubject: Re: The Destiny of a Broken Man   The Destiny of a Broken Man EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 3:24 am

John was surprised but grateful. "Yes, I think that would be for the best." He gave a small nod, they had not known each other long... he doubted she would miss him awfully. "Tell her you are unaware of what happened to me, I disappeared from your view?" He was sure Tulio would care for her... now there was only the issue of Ping coming between them, he frowned. "Eris... What if Ping is to come between them?" His tears were drying up as his rationality kicked in.

[Teehee, i'll ease up and making you feel bad then XDD -cuddles-]
Back to top Go down
Eris
Admin
Eris

PostSubject: Re: The Destiny of a Broken Man   The Destiny of a Broken Man EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 3:40 am

Eris was glad he took her offer. He would be hers. She than shhrugged. "That is not my consern is it? What Ping does is hi- her problem. If she crosses Rose her path than you can always help her." Eris winked.
She really did not care. "What do you want to do to prevent that?"
Back to top Go down
JohnSmith

JohnSmith

PostSubject: Re: The Destiny of a Broken Man   The Destiny of a Broken Man EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 6:26 am

"I want you to curse me..." John gulped, it was the only solution he could think to prevent the amount of pain that had weld up inside me. "To be heartless, I can be your heartless weapon. I don't want to feel, I--I..." He couldn't think clearly with this ache inside of him, he couldn't decide what to do with Ping in this state... he could decide nothing without his moon, without his Rose. He couldn't--- "Please Eris."
Back to top Go down
BriarRose

BriarRose

PostSubject: Re: The Destiny of a Broken Man   The Destiny of a Broken Man EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 6:38 am

(OOC: sorry imma post like this because I'm on my phone and too lazy to change account now xD)

Eris was surprise by his words. She raised an eyebrow. Before a wicked smirk was formed on her face.
"Alright, deal." She pulled John towards her. Grabbing his hand.
"Is there anything you want to say or do before I curse you?" She asked raising an eyebrow.
Ready to take away all his emotions. Oh she could already see how much fun she would have with him as her puppet.
Back to top Go down
JohnSmith

JohnSmith

PostSubject: Re: The Destiny of a Broken Man   The Destiny of a Broken Man EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 7:11 am

"Give me your word Rose will be happy before all else," A final tear slipped down John's cheek as he prepared himself for his emotions to be erased. "Make me forget her." John nodded and closed his eyes, ready for the changed him that would no doubt occur. He would be different once more and no doubt, there would be no way back from this. Although, all curses had a way to be broken... true love's kiss been the favourite. Trying not to think about this now, he took a deep breath, a heartless man would never fall in love. That was his last thought before he took a step towards Eris, nodding to signify he was ready.
Back to top Go down
Eris
Admin
Eris

PostSubject: Re: The Destiny of a Broken Man   The Destiny of a Broken Man EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 7:35 am

Eris frowned. "Alright you have my word." She drew a cross on her shoulder. Before grabbing his hand.
She shook it tightly. As his emotions ran out his veins. It must have hurt though. She smirked wickedly.
As all the memories of Rose disappeared out his mind. Letting go off his hand. She let him drop to the ground.
Blowing her hand. "Well that was fun." She grinned.
Back to top Go down
JohnSmith

JohnSmith

PostSubject: Re: The Destiny of a Broken Man   The Destiny of a Broken Man EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 7:43 am

John's heart and head were filled with an intense pain as his memories of Rose and his emotions were wrenched from his very being. Falling to the floor, his mind was woozy and he didn't remember what had even happened. Why was he here? Looking up, he recognised the goddess of chaos. "Hello Eris," He nodded, pulling himself up from the floor. "To what do I owe this honour?" He raised his eyebrows, wondering what it was she wanted with him, since she had brought him back to life.
Back to top Go down
Eris
Admin
Eris

PostSubject: Re: The Destiny of a Broken Man   The Destiny of a Broken Man EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 8:04 am

Eris smirked. "I was guiding you back to your room. You must be exhausted." She said as she pointed towards the temple.
As she looked at him. What a good deal it was. Perfect.
Back to top Go down
JohnSmith

JohnSmith

PostSubject: Re: The Destiny of a Broken Man   The Destiny of a Broken Man EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 8:46 am

John nodded bluntly. "Thanks," He spoke the word, though he wasn't actually grateful, nor inconvenienced, he just simply was not entirely concerned whether or not she guided him. "I am rather tired," He did agree with her there.

[Can I now post in Rose&Tulio's topic? XD Cause Eris arrived there and John was with her? XDD]
Back to top Go down
BriarRose

BriarRose

PostSubject: Re: The Destiny of a Broken Man   The Destiny of a Broken Man EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 9:00 am

(OOC: sure xDD I am home soon, I shall make his chamber when I return back home :p)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Destiny of a Broken Man   The Destiny of a Broken Man Empty

Back to top Go down

The Destiny of a Broken Man
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pandora :: The island :: The Falls-
Jump to: