Pandora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pandora

Welcome in Pandora

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Titles are not my strong suit. (but authors are).

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Helga

Helga

Titles are not my strong suit. (but authors are). Empty
PostSubject: Titles are not my strong suit. (but authors are).   Titles are not my strong suit. (but authors are). EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 1:12 pm

(((OOC ugh, my internet has been spotty this week. You know the area in the US that had those lovely tornadoes Wednesday and Friday? Yeah, that's where I live. Those were not fun days. I spent them in the basement because the sirens went off every five minutes. And there was lovely hail.)))

Helga stomped into the library for the pure pleasure of making noise. Everything was quiet, like the calm before a storm (((ooc a-HEM Helga, I know firsthand what that's like.))) and she didn't like it. It reminded her of when the she waited in a room for her father to punish her and the servants looked at her with pity and made no sound. The library reminded her of the one in Lady Sandrilene's manor. Sandry, like Helga, had liked to read. They might have been friends had Helga not been so adamant to herself that she was fine on her own and shouldn't try to make friends. She made her way to the shelves, stomping a few times more for good measure, and examined the titles of the tomes.

Back to top Go down
Megara

Megara

PostSubject: Re: Titles are not my strong suit. (but authors are).   Titles are not my strong suit. (but authors are). EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 4:26 pm

Meg quietly entered the room, rubbing her head. She has nightmares the whole night before and was feeling weak and disoriented. "Oh, hello," she said to a blonde looking at a book. Meg had never seen her before. "I'm Megara."
Back to top Go down
Helga

Helga

PostSubject: Re: Titles are not my strong suit. (but authors are).   Titles are not my strong suit. (but authors are). EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 7:15 am

Helga groaned inwardly. People. 'Friendly people,' she thought disgustedly. She shut the book in such a way that it made an obnoxious sound, but was not harmed.

"Helga," she said by way of introduction, "I think we met on the beach at the shipwreck." She looked at the younger woman more closely, "You don't look too well," she commented dryly, "Ought you to sit down?"
Back to top Go down
Megara

Megara

PostSubject: Re: Titles are not my strong suit. (but authors are).   Titles are not my strong suit. (but authors are). EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 7:23 am

"Oh," she said rubbing her eyes. "I don't have such a good memory." As Helga offered Meg a seat, she found a small chair and sat down in it squinting at the light coming in from the windows. Helga looked stern yet attractive and had certain features that any girl would envy, but she didn't look like one to mess with. "So, what do you think of this place?" she asked still squinting from the bright light.
Back to top Go down
Helga

Helga

PostSubject: Re: Titles are not my strong suit. (but authors are).   Titles are not my strong suit. (but authors are). EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 7:38 am

Helga snorted, "What should I think of this place?" Her tone softened as she stroked the cover of the book she held, "The library's nice."

She looked down her nose at Megara. It was a trick of nobility, and a habit of her upbringing, "A loose memory will not serve you well when your life depends on your wits," she remarked, "Perhaps some sleep will help. You look as if you haven't had a wink of it since we arrived on the island."
Back to top Go down
Megara

Megara

PostSubject: Re: Titles are not my strong suit. (but authors are).   Titles are not my strong suit. (but authors are). EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 7:42 am

Megara smirked. "I actually just woke up from one," she replied softly. "Had the worst nightmare, I must add." She tried to shake her head from the thoughts. "This island.." she looked around as if Eris was watching them right at that moment. "It.. does things to you." It sounded weird coming from her mouth but she knew it was the truth. The island wasn't just a piece of land, it was alive. It was real.
Back to top Go down
Helga

Helga

PostSubject: Re: Titles are not my strong suit. (but authors are).   Titles are not my strong suit. (but authors are). EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 7:54 am

Helga raised an eyebrow ((ooc I swear that is her favourite expression to make. Every scene she raises an eyebrow.))
"You haven't been eating any strange plants, have you?" She had seen some plants on the island that could cause hallucinogenic effects.
Back to top Go down
Megara

Megara

PostSubject: Re: Titles are not my strong suit. (but authors are).   Titles are not my strong suit. (but authors are). EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 8:17 am

Meg sighed. She knew people would think she was crazy. She bit her lip. "Just be careful, okay?" She knew what Eris was capable. "Why were you on the ship?" She asked, trying to change the subject.
Back to top Go down
Helga

Helga

PostSubject: Re: Titles are not my strong suit. (but authors are).   Titles are not my strong suit. (but authors are). EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 11:51 am

OOC Sorry for not replying for so long! I truly have had limited internet; I was at a competition for a few days, then a university visit, then class registration, meeting with advisers, etc.

Helga refused to be deterred, waving away the girl's poor effort at changing the subject. "The reasons for which I was on the ship are no more interesting than Virgil," She smiled wryly at the copy of the Aneid in her hands, as she returned the book to the shelf.

"I would like to know the nature of what you dreamt"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Titles are not my strong suit. (but authors are).   Titles are not my strong suit. (but authors are). Empty

Back to top Go down

Titles are not my strong suit. (but authors are).
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pandora :: The Tree of Life :: The library-
Jump to: