Pandora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pandora

Welcome in Pandora

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meeting someone new

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anya

Anya

Meeting someone new Empty
PostSubject: Meeting someone new   Meeting someone new EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:51 am

Anya was sitting the living room, trying to wrap her head around why that woman was dressing up as a boy. It made no sense to her, why would she? She sighed as she just took her mind off of it. She leaned against the couch as she just sat there. Quiet.
Back to top Go down
Tiana

Tiana

PostSubject: Re: Meeting someone new   Meeting someone new EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:00 am

A soft sigh escaped past Tiana's lips as she moved quietly into the living room. She still had not gotten used to what was happening around her and this strange place. I miss when it was just the waterfall. she thought to herself. At least then there weren't as many people around. Though being around a lot of people was something she was used to back in New Orleans, it was either with other slaves or her mistress' company who paid her no mind, that was when she was a slave. Now she wasn't and it was a bit unnerving not knowing what to do with all the white folk around. Though it wasn't bad either. The white folk either paid her no mind or were kind. And she had her freedom. I even made friends with Isa and Megara when we first arrive to the island.

Though she had not seen the other two in quite sometime. No doubt living their own lives upon their new circumstances of this place. Looking about, Tiana spotted a woman sitting upon the couch. Feeling a bit awkward, Tiana stood still and debated on what to do. Should she say hello? Or keep moving and pretend to not notice. I shouldn't ignore the others here. she thought to herself. Besides, it's my choice who I say hello to. With that thought, she made her way to the couch. "Hello Miss." she said quietly, giving a timid but friendly smile.
Back to top Go down
Anya

Anya

PostSubject: Re: Meeting someone new   Meeting someone new EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:08 am

Anya looked up as she smiled, "Hello." She said as she returned the politeness. She looked at how beautiful this colored woman was. Though she hated that she had to call her colored, knowing that she was no different from her. Though she then remembered the woman's name, "Your..Tiana..right? I remember you from when we first arrived here."
Back to top Go down
Tiana

Tiana

PostSubject: Re: Meeting someone new   Meeting someone new EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:15 am

Tiana gave an nod of her head, as the other spoke. "Yes, miss. I'm Tiana." The dark-skinned woman was quite surprised the other remembered her at all. Then again, I am the only one with my skin color here. I suppose that stays in a person's mind. she thought to herself. "I'm sorry miss. But I can't remember your name." she admitted, her face giving an apologetic look. And it was true. She recognized the woman, but could not recall her name. perhaps because there were so many people, of which Tiana had a hard time remembering outside those she spent with at the waterfall or became close upon the first arrival.

"May I sit down?" she asked, out of politeness. She had every right to sit without permission, for she was free and not an thing for anyone to own, but still she asked if only to be polite. Her mother raised her as such.
Back to top Go down
Anya

Anya

PostSubject: Re: Meeting someone new   Meeting someone new EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:17 am

Anya smiled, "It's Anastasia, but you can call me Anya." She said as she smiled, before looking at the woman. She did not have to ask her if she could sit down, but understood she wanted to be polite. Anya smiled, "You may sit, but you don't have to ask." She laughed softly as she moved to make room for her.
Back to top Go down
Tiana

Tiana

PostSubject: Re: Meeting someone new   Meeting someone new EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:24 am

"Tis nice seeing you again... Anya." Tiana said as she sat down. So this woman preferred a nickname of sorts too? Just like Isa. As the other said she need not ask, Tiana gave a more open smile. She would remember that next time. Relaxing onto the couch, dark eyes scanned the room. She still couldn't get used to seeing a wooden living room. At least, not this kind of wooden.

"Tis a strange place this is." she said after a moment, looking back at Anya. "I feel like I'm in one of the mistress's old story books." a soft chuckle left her lips as she admitted this. It's almost like a dream. she thought to herself. Though all dreams came to an end. And that, was not a pleasant thought.
Back to top Go down
Anya

Anya

PostSubject: Re: Meeting someone new   Meeting someone new EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:35 am

Anya nodded, "It is a strange place indeed." She laughed softly, before looking at her, "It is like a dream, but, I hope it isn't a nightmare. Though right now it does seem like a dream." She said before she remembered everyone had made friends, "I hadn't been very social to the others here..and it seems they all have some sort of groups. Like the people they talk to most?" She said as she looked at her, "Makes me a little shy.."
Back to top Go down
Tiana

Tiana

PostSubject: Re: Meeting someone new   Meeting someone new EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:42 am

Tiana nodded in agreement. "A dream indeed." she said quietly, closing her eyes for just a moment. "I jus' hope it doesn' end." she said, her voice but a whisper before she opened her eyes. At the mention of the others, she gave a hum in agreement. "I noticed too. I haven't spoken to many since comin' to the tree. But I have made some.. friends I think. Talkin' isn't very hard." she said, giving Anya an encouraging smile. "I don' see why you should be so shy. Man of 'em are nice. They talk to me with no jugdment, you will be fine." she said, bring her hand out to place upon the other's shoulder.

"It just take a hello to start it all." she added, giving a sincere smile.
Back to top Go down
Anya

Anya

PostSubject: Re: Meeting someone new   Meeting someone new EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 7:07 am

"I've always been shy." She laughed softly, before looking at her again when she placed her hand on her shoulder. She smiled softly, "Thanks."

[[OOC Sorry for such bad replies, I'm not feeling good and my brain isn't focusing. v.v]]
Back to top Go down
Tiana

Tiana

PostSubject: Re: Meeting someone new   Meeting someone new EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 7:52 am

Tiana tilted her head to the side. "Really?" she asked, curious. What did the woman have to be so shy about in her life time? "Why is that?' she asked, before realizing that prying was probably not a good idea. Bringing her hand back to her lap, she gave a sheepish smile. "You don' have t' answer if you don' want to." she added, not wanting to make what she hoped was a new friend uncomfortable.

Quietly, Tiana rubbed her hands together, only to wrinkle her nose a little. Her hands felt grimy. Though a feeling she was used to, she couldn't help but wish to wash. Perhaps I could go back to the Waterfall and bath there? she thought to herself as she looked at the layer of dirt on her dark skin.
Back to top Go down
Anya

Anya

PostSubject: Re: Meeting someone new   Meeting someone new EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 7:30 pm

[[OOC Sorry! Such a late reply! >.<]]

Anya looked at her and smiled, "I've always been shy." She laughed as she looked down, and it was true. Ever since she was a little child, she had always been shy meeting new people. She then looked up. Anya then laughed softly, "So..what do you do for fun in this place?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting someone new   Meeting someone new Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeting someone new
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pandora :: The Tree of Life :: The Wooden living room-
Jump to: